Welcome to another episode of The RVA Small Business Show with your host Cory Mosley. In today’s segment, we are joined by Jay Baer – Business Growth and Customer Experience Author, Researcher, and Expert.
Jay Baer grows businesses by discovering how you can out-perform your competitors.
Time is the only thing on this planet that we actually share equally. We don’t share money equally. We don’t share air equally. We don’t share water equally. We don’t share space equally or food. Time is the only thing that we all have an equal amount of. – Jay Baer
Why Do We Care About Time More Than Ever?
In the age of instant gratification, customers value their time more than anything else. They want products delivered faster, responses quicker, and experiences that are seamless and efficient. As Jay puts it, “Time is the heart of customer experience.”
But why is time so important?
In the digital era, the power dynamics have shifted. Customers now have more control over their buying journey than ever before, choosing when, where, and how they engage with brands. As a result, time has become a crucial factor in shaping customer expectations and satisfaction.
How Can Small Businesses Adapt?
As a small business owner, recognizing the value your customers place on their time can help you create strategies that deliver. Here are a few key ways to do this:
- Streamline Processes: Evaluate your business processes and identify areas where you can save your customers’ time. Simplify your website navigation, shorten your checkout process, or automate your customer service responses.
- Personalize Experiences: By understanding your customer’s preferences, you can tailor your services to meet their needs more efficiently. Use data to anticipate their behavior and deliver what they want before they even ask for it.
- Be Responsive: Quick responses show your customers that you value their time. Whether it’s responding to a query, resolving a complaint, or processing an order, speed is key.
Time: The New Benchmark
In an era where every second counts, appreciating and respecting your customers’ time can set your small business apart. As Jay aptly reminds us, in today’s digital age, “Time is more than money; it’s the new benchmark for customer experience.”
If you’re a small business eager to stay ahead of the game, start by re-evaluating your customer’s journey through the lens of time. Strive to create experiences that are not just enjoyable, but also efficient.
- Time is the New Luxury: In the age of digital convenience, customers value their time above all else.
- Prioritize Efficiency: Streamline your processes, personalize experiences, and be responsive to show your customers you respect their time.
- Time is The New Benchmark: In the world of customer experience, time has become a critical measure of success.
- Re-evaluate Your Customer Journey: Understand your customer’s needs and preferences to create efficient and enjoyable experiences.
Click here to purchase you copy of “The Time to Win”.